Welcome to the Year One Class Page. We look forward to sharing our learning with you. There are 29 fantastic pupils in Year One who are taught by Mrs Furnival and Mrs Worsnop (on Thursdays) The class are supported by Mrs Wainman, Mrs Baxter and Mrs Sanaa.
Our topic this half term is called ‘Once Upon A Time’ where our focus will be on Science and Design and Technology skills.
Pupils will enjoy:
- Reading a range of Traditional Tales
- Writing about Traditional Tales
- Identifying and naming a variety of everyday materials
- Describing the simple physical properties of a variety of everyday materials
- Comparing and grouping together a variety of everyday materials on the basis of their simple physical properties
- Carrying out scientific test
- Designing and making a bag for Little Red Riding Hood
- Designing and making a breakfast for the Three Bears